Are you looking to be a part of a US-based, product-oriented, fast-growing, and well-funded start-up? If you are, we have the role of Sr. Software Engineer with us. We have a fun work environment and friendly culture. Trust us, we are worth your time!
Who we are looking for
– You have experience shipping high-quality, testable production code.
– You have extensive knowledge of Python stack (Django, Flask, PostgresDB, etc)
– You have 4+ years of experience in commercial software development
– You are comfortable debugging problems anywhere in the stack.
– You are product-oriented with the will to get stuff done, yet calm and focused under pressure.
– You love to be challenged. You respect processes but it’s also why you don’t like corporate structure. You want to be a part of a start-up that is nimble but stable, innovative but not too risky, you want to be able to be creative and not just follow the standards and copy what everyone else is doing.
What you will get to do
– Work as a part of the team to build elegant software solutions and clean code.
– Have a sense of ownership for the code.
– Create high-quality software that hits high levels of security, reliability, and performance
– Design, build and maintain APIs, micro-services, and data pipelines
– Use Jira to track work and activities related to the development process
– Ability to estimate work
– Participate in code reviews
– Execute SPIKEs and deliver detailed implementation plans
– Code, debug, test, document, support, and maintain portions of software
– Spot current deficiencies in the development process, adopted procedures, and engineering practices, environment configurations, and suggest improvements
– Understand and practice “red-green-refactor.”
What should you have
– At least 5 years experience developing software in a production environment
– Strong experience with Python + Django
– Experience with AWS Cloud Platform
– Experience developing SaaS and RESTful APIs
– Experience in implementing Infrastructure as Code (IaC), e.g. using tools like Ansible, Puppet, CloudFormation, or Terraform
– Experience in creating and maintaining CI/CD pipelines Github Actions
– Good understanding of DevOps movement and experience
– Good understanding of TDD/BDD and experience with test automation frameworks, such as Jest, Newman, Cypress, Cucumber
– Good understanding of Agile development and experience with tools to support it
– Ability to intercept with core US working hours
What we offer
– Competitive salary
– 100% remote work
– Flexible schedule
– Flat structure. There are no “bosses” and “subordinates”.
– Regular performance reviews
– 1:1 coaching and career guidance
– Minimal bureaucracy and micromanagement
– Regular corporate events, team buildings, etc.
– Fun & Purpose
Encircle Labs is rethinking risk management and payments for the $1.2T home construction market. Our leadership is serial entrepreneurs with expertise combining AI/ML, banking, construction, and enterprise software. Founded in 2019, Encircle Labs operates in stealth mode backed by industry luminaries and venture funding.