Last modified: July 21, 2019
Encircle Labs, Inc.
400 Concar Drive
San Mateo, CA 94402
Collection of Information
You must be 18 years old or older to use the Platform. The Platform is not designed for or intended to be used by persons under 18 years old, and we do not knowingly collect or receive personally identifiable information about anyone under 18 years old. IF YOU ARE UNDER 18 YEARS OLD, PLEASE DO NOT USE THE PLATFORM AT ANY TIME OR IN ANY MANNER. If you learn that your child or a child under your supervision under 18 years old has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete such information from our systems and records.
Information You Provide to Us
We may collect certain non-personally identifiable information and personally identifiable information from you when you access or use any part of the Platform, including without limitation the following:
- Registration Information. When you register for an Account on the Platform, you will be asked to establish a login ID and password, and to provide us with certain information that identifies you as a specific individual (“Personal Information”), including, but not limited to, your first and last names, home or billing address, email address, or phone number. You may also be asked to provide similar information to us from time to time as you use the Platform.
- Payment Information. If you use the Platform to make or receive payments, we will also collect certain payment information such as bank account, credit card, or other financial account information, and your billing address associated with such accounts.
- Non-Personal Information. We may collect information that does not identify you as an individual (“Non-Personal Information”), such as zip codes, demographic data, and general Project-related information that is not associated with you or your property or business. In some instances, we may de-identify or anonymize your Personal Information so that it no longer can be used to identify you as a specific individual. In general, we consider such de-identified or anonymized information to be Non-Personal Information.
- Combined Information. Certain Non-Personal Information can be used to identify you when combined with other pieces of Non-Personal Information or with Personal Information. We will treat such combined information as Personal Information.
Information Received from Third-Parties
We may occasionally receive information about you from third-parties, such as service providers or your financial institutions. We may also perform certain account verification procedures when you register for an Account, which may involve receiving certain information from third-parties to validate information provided by you during registration. We may also validate the conformance of Contractors with state and local licensing laws during your time as a Member using State and Local data sources.
Information Collected Automatically
When you access or use the Platform, our systems may automatically record and retain certain usage information, such as details about your computer or mobile device, your IP address, and related metatag data for your submitted media, the website from which you visit our Platform, your browsing activity on our Website, and similar statistical information about your visit to our Website or use of the Platform.
Additionally, we may send “cookies,” “web beacons,” and similar technologies to your computer or device in connection with operating the Platform. These technologies can identify you as a unique customer and store your personal preferences, tell us which webpages you have visited, and in what order, and identify your computer or device. On their own, cookies and web beacons do not contain or reveal personally identifiable information; however, if you choose to provide us with personally identifiable information about you, it can be linked to the anonymous data stored in the cookies and/or web beacons.
We also may incorporate third-party technologies (such as ads, plugins, APIs, pixels, and cookies) into our Platforms which may enable third-parties to collect information about you and your online activities. Any information collected through such third-party technologies is collected directly by these third-parties for use by them, and is subject to the privacy polices of such third-parties.
The Platform does not support “Do Not Track” signals that may be available in your browser or device. For more information about “Do Not Track” preferences, visit https://allaboutdnt.com/.
When you register to create a Member Account on the Platform, you will have the opportunity to create a profile which may include Personal Information and Non-Personal Information, such as your property information, work previously performed in connection with the Platform, skills and professional history, and so forth. The information in your profile may be made visible to other Users or Members.
Work Verification Photos and Project Files
When you become a Member of the Platform and engage with other Members to complete Projects, you and such other Members will submit certain documentation and information to the Platform pertaining to each Project. Such documentation may include written agreements, photos used to verify completion of work, project plans or designs, and descriptions of your property.
Use of Information
We may use information collected about you through the Platform for a variety of commercial purposes, including without limitation the following:
- to provide and improve our services and the Platform, and to carry out our other business purposes (including to process your transactions and to administer your Member Account);
- to respond to inquiries that you may have about the Platform or about our company;
- to inform you of changes made to the Platform;
- to market our products and services to you, and to inform you of certain products or services of third parties which may be of interest to you;
- to organize or carry out promotional activities or other promotional events;
- to maintain a customer profile for you;
- to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to protect the property and rights of the Company or Members, or to prevent or stop activity that we believe violates our Terms of Service or is illegal; and
- for any other purpose disclosed to you at the time you provide your information.
We may also use information about you that we collect through any of our Platforms for security, administrative, and legal purposes.
We will retain information about you collected through the Platform for at least as long as it serves the purposes for which it was initially collected or subsequently authorized, and we may keep such information indefinitely. In order to comply with applicable laws and regulations, we will retain payment transaction information for at least five (5) years.
We may disclose to third parties information collected about you either (i) when we have your permission, or (ii) in any of the following situations without your permission:
- We may also share information collected about you with our auditors, attorneys, and similar advisors in connection with our receiving their professional services, subject to standard confidentiality obligations.
- We may disclose the results of aggregate information or blind data about users of the Platform to third parties. In such circumstances, we do not disclose to these entities any personally identifiable information about users of the Platform.
- We may disclose information about you to the government or to third-parties under certain circumstances when legally obligated to do so, such as in connection with suspected illegal activity in connection with the Platform, or to respond to a subpoena, court order or other legal process. We reserve the right to release such information to law enforcement or other government officials, as we, in our sole discretion, deem necessary or appropriate.
- We may also disclose information about you to third-parties if needed to enforce any of our Terms of Service; to conduct any investigation of potential violations thereof; to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; to protect the rights, property or safety of the Company or others; or to protect against harm to any element of the Platform.
California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you have certain rights with respect to your information. Under California law, a California resident with whom we have an established relationship has the right to request certain information with respect to the types of personal information that we have shared with third parties for these purposes, and the identities of those third parties, within the immediately preceding calendar year, subject to certain exceptions. All requests for such information must be in writing and sent to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit https://www.oag.ca.gov/privacy/ccpa.
We have implemented and follow reasonable industry standard technical and procedural measures (including encryption of certain information) intended to protect against unauthorized access and use of information about you collected through our Platform. However, please note we cannot fully eliminate these risks as no technology is completely secure. The Platform is operated on software, hardware, and networks, any component of which may, from time to time, experience breaches of security or other issues beyond our control.
Accordingly, we cannot guarantee that any information about you collected through any of our Platforms, whether during transmission or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others who do not have your authorization. Any such transmission or sharing of that information is done at your own risk.
You also play a role in protecting your personal information. Please do not share your username or password with others.
Links to Other Websites
You can update, change, or correct any Personal Information we have collected about you through the Platform at any time by emailing us at email@example.com. You may choose to not receive promotional communications from us by emailing us or by following the instructions in any communications you receive from us. Please note, however, that this will not prohibit us from sending emails to you about your Account or your transactions through or related to the Platform.
Thank you for reading through these Terms. Now please enjoy our Encircle Labs websites.
© 2019 Encircle Labs, Inc.